Western Buckeye League Commissioner: Kent Smelser – Email
Objective: The object of the W.B.L. is to promote a greater interest in athletic contests and to regulate activities of the league.
- The charter members of the league in 1940-1941 were Bellefontaine, Bluffton, Celina, St. Marys, Van Wert and Wapakoneta.
- Kenton entered the league in 1942.
- Shawnee entered the league with the 1952-1953 Basketball Season.
- Bluffton left the league in football after the 1952 season.
- Bluffton left the league in all sports after the 1956-1957 season.
- Coldwater entered the league in the 1957-1958 season.
- Bellefontaine left the league after the 1964-1965 season.
- Bath entered the league beginning with the 1965-1966 Basketball Season.
- Shawnee left the league at the end of the 1966-1967 Basketball Season.
- Ottawa-Glandorf entered the league in the spring of 1967.
- Elida and Delphos St. Johns entered the league in December of 1971.
- Coldwater withdrew from the league effective June 1, 1973.
- Defiance entered the league in September 1973 in all sports. (Defiance 1972-73 WBL meets in CC, Golf, Tennis, and Track)
- Delphos St. Johns withdrew from the league August 3, 1981 (effective end of 1981-82 season).
- Shawnee re-entered the league on October 5, 1981. Played full schedule in 1982-1983.
- St. Marys
- Van Wert
Current League Sports:
- Boys & Girls Cross Country
- Boys Golf
- Boys Soccer
- Girls Soccer
- Girls Tennis
- Girls Volleyball
- Boys Basketball
- Girls Basketball
- Boys & Girls Swimming
- Boys & Girls Bowling
- Boys Tennis
- Boys & Girls Track & Field